Terms & Conditions
Garsons Esher Pick Your Own (PYO) Farm & Farm Pass Terms & Conditions
Your commitment to us
When you confirm your Farm Pass purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Garsons and yourself.
Farm Entry & Farm Pass
- Entry to Garsons Pick Your Own Farm (PYO) is strictly by pre-booked Farm Pass only. No Farm Pass sales will be available from the farm entrance point, or elsewhere on-site at Garsons Esher
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to show your Farm Pass Order Reference code (found in your booking confirmation email sent at the time of booking) on your mobile phone or a printed copy
- You must arrive within 59 minutes from the time stated on the Farm Pass/es booked, failing to do so may result in refusal of entry
- Farm Passes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. No Farm Pass/es may be resold to or by a third party
- Garsons reserve the right to refuse entry
- No produce is to be consumed prior to paying, otherwise will be treated as theft
- Produce is charged per item or weighed (gross weight charged) at the exit till kiosks, whereupon your Farm Pass booking value will be deducted from the total bill, providing the produce is equal to or of a higher value than the Farm Pass booking price
- Pay using a debit card, credit card or mobile contactless. Please note, we do not accept American Express
- Receipts must be kept as proof of purchase
- Farm Passes are non-refundable, which includes missed time slots
- All persons entering the farm must have a relevant Farm Pass with a corresponding date, this includes carers, childminders and teachers
- Crop produce availability varies due to seasonal and weather changes; this does not affect your Farm Pass booking terms. To check to see what is picking check Garsons website
- All produce MUST be washed prior to consumption
- No produce may be consumed prior to paying and will be treated as theft
- Caution must be taken; Garsons is a working farm with vehicles and animals on the site, the farmland ground is uneven and contains changing surfaces
- Vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk, and all items, belongings and other property brought onto the farm by visitors are at their own risk
- No smoking or vaping is permitted anywhere on the farm
- For health and safety reasons NO pet dogs are permitted on the farm at any time, except assistance dogs. Dogs must NOT be left in vehicles under any circumstances
- Toilet facilities are not available on the farm; however, Farm Pass users can use Garsons Garden Centre toilets, please note these are not in walking distance
- Garsons reserves the right to refuse admission, including late arrivals
Members will receive a discount of 10% off their produce, on purchases beyond the value of the Farm Pass. Monday to Friday only. A valid Garsons Card must be shown and scanned at the farm exit till kiosks.
Group sizes are to be a maximum of 6 individuals (6 Farm Passes per booking). All children must be accompanied by an adult. Groups with more than 6 individuals, including children and infants, will not be permitted entry. Strictly NO Coaches or Minibuses. Large group bookings are currently NOT permitted for 2021, which includes schools, nurseries, playschemes, clubs and other organisations.
Refunds & Cancellations
We cannot issue any refunds for cancellations, this includes weather changes, crop availability and or missed time slots. For exceptional circumstances please email firstname.lastname@example.org with booking information and a detailed explanation.
Farm Pass Transfers
Transfers are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. At least 48 hours (2 days) notice is required to consider requests. No refunds will be given. Accounts should be set up at the time of purchase on the ticketing site with the user's chosen email and password in order for the Farm Pass booking to be transferred directly by the customer, failing to do so may result in the requested transfer not being possible.